Koinly says API wallets are synced, but balances are incorrect

Describe the problem:
I have a bunch of wallets in Koinly that I need to sync. The app says everything is synced, but many of the amounts shown on my dashboard and in the coins icons for each wallet are incorrect - reflecting historic values not current values.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Many coins on my dashboard have total amount do not reflect the stated sum in each wallet, eg BTC, ETH2, BUSD

Guarda Wallet - ETH values are wrong
FTX - almost all values are wrong
Metamask - WBTC values are wrong

There are also minus values for coins in some of my wallets, which is confusing.

How did you import data into this wallet?
All synced

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Refreshed wallets multiple times

Hi @Luke_Chaput

As you may know, wallets in Koinly do not get synced automatically and you need to manually sync them by clicking the Sync button.

If you have wallet imbalances, I suggest you connect with our support team for targeted guidance:

[email protected]

Thank you! I am of course manually resyncing every wallet, but errors remain.
I’ll contact support.

1 Like

Did you have any luck with this? I’m finding it difficult to reconcile my FTX transactions. I downloaded the transactions before it went belly up, but for some reason most of the transactions (eg between 7-11th Nov) aren’t there. No idea why their system would stop recording the transactions unless someone somehow turned it off. Now I’ve got a bit problem with no solution unless I can find the audit trail. The default solution is probably to pay tax on it which is not ideal nor is it likely the reality. Not to mention what we don’t get back. Or, since I can’t prove it exists, then maybe it doesn’t… :wink:

Hi @camthelegend

The FTX API stopped working in November 2022. For users connected via API prior, your previous transaction data is safe and stored in Koinly. If you have existing FTX CSV files, you can upload these to Koinly and Koinly will still be able to calculate your FTX gains, losses, and income. If you have no files, you may be able to manually adjust your transactions with the help of the article below:
https://support.koinly.io/hc/en-us/articles/9914594792092-How-to-add-transactions-manually
I’d course, we always advise you talk to a crypto-aware tax accountant in such cases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.