Is the Koinly fee tax deductible (UK)?

Hi,

Im new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question but searching online I have found when using an accountant in the UK, the fees are tax deductible so does that mean when paying a fee for koinly to do your tax for you that the fee will be tax deductible too? after all it is just like a digital accountant?

Thanks

Good question, I would like to know the answer too. My gut feeling says it should be tax deductible.

I would also like to know the answer to this question. If it is tax deductible, would it be considered a cost that can be used to offset capital gains?

From the HMRC guidance I read the answer is no for a private individual. If you are a business then probably yes as you can class it as software and its an allowable cost.

Personally I think this is unfair as I couldn’t possibly complete my tax return without using Koinly. What seems really unfair to me is that using an accountant is an allowable expense! i obviously don’t use an accountant but require Koinly to calculate my tax liabilities.

Adrian

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.