Income reported by koiny

Koinly currently only produces a spreadsheet of my income earned defi staking and aidrops etc. How do i import this to turbo tax ? The capital gains and loss report (schedule D) created by koinly only captures the buys and sells and can be imported to turbo tax.

What do i do with the income report spreadsheet generated by koinly ? Since it is in spreadsheet format , how do i import this to turbo tax ? Or is it that the turbo tax file generated by koinly also includes the income details automatically ?

Can someone confirm this ?

it looks like the income needs to be filed with schedule-1 in 1040. How do i generate this in Koinly and how can i import in into turbo tax ? currently the turbo tax download file only contains schedule d info (capita gains and losses) but not the schedule 1 info. how do i get schedule - 1 info into turbo tax ?

3 Likes

Same question here. How do I get income report into turbo tax?

Same question here. Schedule D for Capital Gains & Loss works fine, but there does not seem to be an option to generate a Schedule 1 form for misc income in turbo tax. Will there be an update or option?

It is a problem when adding other income manually in turbo tax. It asks for tax identifier for other misc income reported on 1099-misc form. Koiny gives the other income as single amount. With no tax identifier for that amount ( which is from multiple sources) we are hosed. Has anyone entered the other income successfully in turbo tax using koinly csv? This is total mess up!!

I believe it is fine to just add one number for total income since a typical 1099 form is based on interest income which is made up of monthly payments form a bank for example. My question is how to do people enter the cost numbers which come from gas fees that are not part of a token exchange like entering into Liquidity Pool. Koinly defines this category( ie cost) as a tax deductible cost or fee which I agree with but the question is where to enter. I know you can not offset income and it should be part a cost basis when computing gain/loss. Do people put in one number for the cost under capital gain or add to all transactions which could be huge work.

It seems you need to manually add the income amt mentioned in the income report in the “other income” section of turbo tax. No biggie.

so we should add total income as single line item? or staking rewards one by one which is actually huge.

For income breaking them into different line items is fine. i did one for staking , airdrop , loan interest and other income just for easier tracking.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.