How to sell a dead token blocking the tax summary ? cannot sell a dead coin

Hi,
I have a dead token affecting my Crypto Tax Summary by 1M$ … but the token is zero value …
I cannot sell my coin since the TRADE button is red on Poocoin :
https://poocoin.app/tokens/0xbbe0a94f363a52da9229a7546434b6e657a6a78f

Anyone have any suggestions ?

tk

Here is what I would suggest:

Agree to sell token to friend or family member for $1.00 and agree to hold token in trust for buyer. Document sale and trust holding by email.

Then enter a manual transaction in Koinly reflecting the sale of the dead token for $1.00 from the wallet in which you are holding it.

Koinly will then report a difference between your Koinly holding and your actual wallet holding but Koinly will be correct since the token in your wallet is held in trust (you don’t beneficially own it).

Hi,
Not sure how to do that in Koinly.
It seem that this token was a scam or rugpul, just want to remove it from my account to clean up the tax report.
I try to send the token to the burn address :
0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dEaD
by the transfer was reverted … not working.
Do you know another way to remove it from my balance easily ?
tk

I don’t know how to remove the token from your account in actuality. My suggestion was to remove it from your account in Koinly’s records so that you clean up the Koinly tax report. Entering a manual Sell transaction is quite easy.

ok tk !
Very kind, cheers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.