How can I deduce "cost and expense" from Danish taxes?

I have the current report:
Capital gains / P&L. 2,733.44
Gains from Futures. 2,793.66
Income 61.09
Costs & expenses 647.71

Given the high cost and expenses price, can someone confirm to me that such costs and expenses can be deduced when reporting Danish taxes? Are they deducted directly from the P&L or should they be filled separately in the tax form? The cost comes from the funding fees used for leverage in future trading.

Is it possible for me to add in my tax report, on top of these costs & expenses, the cost related to using koinly and the costs related to my crypto trading bots (server rent, indicator access, etc.)?

Any idea why P&L is less that the Gains from futures?

Thanks for any help.

Any idea why P&L is less that the Gains from futures?

You might want to verify yourself, but I don’t think the first line includes ‘Gains from Futures’.

Given the high cost and expenses price, can someone confirm to me that such costs and expenses can be deduced when reporting Danish taxes? Are they deducted directly from the P&L or should they be filled separately in the tax form? The cost comes from the funding fees used for leverage in future trading.

It can be deducted either directly or separately. Though I can’t give you advice on which one you should do.

Is it possible for me to add in my tax report, on top of these costs & expenses, the cost related to using koinly and the costs related to my crypto trading bots (server rent, indicator access, etc.)?

All those extra costs should be tax deductible.

Thanks for the quick answer.

It says the P&L includes the gains from futures, but maybe it deduced some trading fees in the P&L since I do only future trading and the difference is small.

Do you know if the deductions from cost and expenses are deducted 100% or 28%?

I think if the profit keeps going up I will try to talk to a professional accountant to help with my tax.

@ClementB On my screen it says ‘Margin gains are already included in your capital gains’.

This seems to imply that ‘Gains from Futures’ is not included in “Capital Gains / P&L”.

In case someone looks at it again.

This is how futures are taxed in Denmark:
[1] https://www.daytrader.dk/skat-pa-handel-med-kryptovaluta-bitcoin-m-m/
[2] https://www.daytrader.dk/faq-om-skat-daytradere/

You can deduce financing and trading costs (funding fees commissions) to compute the net gain, but you cannot offset the koinly price nor bot cost, at least on personal taxes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.