Has anyone actually got support to solve their problems

I have started using Koinly but there are so many issues and no support to resolve them. No videos with step by step explainations just incomplete out of date text explaintions.

Has anyone successfully used this product?

Particularly my transactions say “no purchase history of this coin” even through there is a purchase transaction directly before it. And so the whole thing is riddled with errors

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem with the purchase history issue. I reached out to Koinly support via email, as that was how they answered me with a related issue (their “fix” didn’t help at all), but I haven’t heard back yet.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you haven’t had a chance to speak with our support team. Without bragging, we have one of the most responsive support teams in the crypto tax market. Can you share your email with me via DM so I can look at your open tickets please?

What video guides do you need? Most of all our integrations have video guides and our Help Centre contains a ton of useful info which 95% of our user base use to solve their issues.

Missing purchase history is exactly what it says on the tin, Koinly cannot see when/how you purchased the said assets - can you please show me via screenshot the purchase you are talking about, and I can let you know what the issue is pretty quickly.

Best wishes,

@KalebN

The only fix is to import the missing data, or enter it manually. If you are using API connections, then your exchange has omitted this data for whatever reason and you must add it manually.

E.g if you see missing purchase history for 10 ETH on 1/1/23 10:00AM, then you need to add a “Buy” or “Deposit” of 10 ETH and set the date/time to occur before the above transaction. This will then allocate a cost-basis for the 10 ETH so you are not charged the full amount of gains.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.