Gemini Earn Transactions not showing up

Gemini recently added a feature called “Earn” and once you send over your crypto, it doesn’t show up in Koinly. It mistankely shows a transfer/sale of the assets and a capital gain/loss is incurred. The DeFi wallet using an API import on Gemini does not show up and no assets are shown as being held in the account. Have not found a fix so far. Has anyone else?

7 Likes

Same thing here. Koinly will need to update their code to process the new Gemini feature properly. In the meantime, I clicked the “…” and selected the “sent to pool” option. Not sure how this impacts reports, but it no longer flags it as a disposal.

4 Likes

Flagging this as well - would love to see this resolved.

1 Like

I downloaded the csv file from Gemini Earn and tried to import this into the Gemini wallet (instead of using API. Koinly doesn’t recognize the entry “Interest Credit”, but did record the deposit into the Gemini Earn account. This created a duplicate entry since I previously recorded a “sent to pool”.

I hope Koinly can fix this. Otherwise we will have to manually record the interest paid on a monthly basis.

3 Likes

Concur. I know there’s “time” between now and next year, but it would be nice to fix this sooner rather than later to track gains and costs and, well, to know for sure that it will be fixed in time for next year.

1 Like

Yeah, still having the same issue. Hopefully they can get it updated soon.

+1 , please add support for Gemini Earn , it will be difficult to track this otherwise

+1 add support for Earn

Hello,

You can use the “sent to pool” and “received from pool” tags in Koinly to handle this situation. We are trying to improve the staking, liquidity, and other defi features of Koinly, so please bear with us as we work to improve Koinly to make it better for our community.

Regards,

Anakin

I was told by Oleh in your support recently that ‘send to pool’ and ‘withdraw from pool’ only works if the amount put in pool is the same as the amount removed from the pool. This will never be the case with Gemini Earn - or honestly for almost any kind of staking/interest product.

I’m hoping it’s just a misunderstanding.

I’m using send to pool for Gemini Earn as well as for an Algorand staking pool (Yieldly).
Could you provide some clarification on what send/withdraw pool actually does - in terms of the cost basis of what was lent/returned and what happens to the excess (or reduced) amount coming back out and how it is treated.

3 Likes

+1 add support for Earn as well.

Same issue with Gemini earn ---- Koinly support pls fix — this feature is an important component of managing Crypto yields

I’m looking at switching to a different portfolio tax calculation software due to Koinly lacking support for Gemini Earn. I would prefer to not switch, but there is no reason to continue using this software if it doesn’t support my main use-cases :frowning:

1 Like

same. their support is non-existent and I see no movement to fix high-impact issues. what options are you looking at?

The problem is on the gemini API — their support states this is on the “roadmap” of new functionality but no specific date on when

+1

Would love support on this issue

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.