Every wallet but binance shows correct

Same problem, Binance Locked staking is just not picked up at all by the API (gives zero balance) or doing it by csv file does not show the coins being sent to pool in koinly. Support told me ‘for staking you’ll need to tag any withdrawals that are actually a transfer to a staking/farming address as ‘sent to pool’’ but the transaction sending it to the pool does not show in koinly even using csv so how can I tag it? As this is a common problem we really need a guide that shows step by step how to put it right in Koinly - presumably by adding some manual transactions?

The issue seems to be related to what Binance calls “Commission Fee Shared With You” in the Transaction Reports that you can generate 3 times a month only. API sync does not include that so the difference in the transactions. The way to do it is to add transactions manually and subtract that “Commission Fee Shared With You” from fees reported on Binance website

2 Likes

Is this the cash back for signing up through an affiliate link?

Did anyone end up resolving this?

I have missing transactions fees also on my Binance when I use the API. I went hunting and they don’t appear to be in the transaction history either.

Also what is the deal, they only offer a 3 month history? So you have to keep downloading your history to a CSV every 3 months?

It is sounding like its worth going to a different exchange.

1 Like

Yeah looks like the Binance API is not covering all transaction types across their ecosystem and then their full export only offers 3 month period, but, fortunately you can do 4 exports in a month to get a whole years worth of transactions. So probably best to import .csv or do a combo of API and Manual entries until Binance ups their game as Tax is serious matter.

Seems this is not solved until now.

When I used the Binance API. Only the Spot Wallet is displayed. No staking exposure or liquid swap exposure.

Then I tried the csv import. No improvent as you have to manually adress each transaction (Staking rewards, Liquid swap rewards) as Rewards. Furthermore it did not display the all the assets correctly…

Then I tried to split the different transaction types (Deposit, Buy, Sell, Liquid Swap, Staking, ETH Staking… and so on) to different wallets and import the according files. So you can tag the Staking Rewards with the import as rewards, which solves the manual tagging issue from above. So I solved the Staking Exposure issue and got the total reward from staking in the staking wallet. Good.

But this had other problems. The balance on the dashboard was absolutely not correct. For example: I had Dollar deposits on Binance (used all that deposit to invest in cryptos) . When splitting the wallets I therefore had one with the deposits. But then the dashboard showed me a Dollar exposure (which I did not have, because I invested all in crypto) Bad.

So. All in all I like to buy a koinly plan but from what I experience with Binance import/api this is a blocker. Perhaps someone has a solution. Or perhaps someone knows a better tax plattform than koinly to provide a solution for Binance

1 Like

I’m having some ‘Missing purchase history issues’ on Binance also.
Note To Self: Avoid Binance unless making straight crypto purchases only.
Do not use the fancy offshoot products unless you enjoy tax reporting torment. ;-/

1 Like

I have a solution regarding missing balances because of locked staking on binance:

Just add manually a “withdrawal” transaction with the missing amount and declare it to “sent to pool” for each currency.

I guess you have to manually remove this transaction when you unstake it and use it for something else… but until that, even if you stake it again, it should be ok.

I had similar issues. Binance history needs to be exported from many types of transactions types.
I had to export:

• SPOT Trading history
  • P2P Trading history
  • Buy History
  • and standard wallet History

By doing so, I resolved 20 of 22 issues. I only have a 402$ Fiat balance discrepancy and a $1.50 BUSD balance discrepancy left to figure out.

Also, if you stake or pool, you always need to set that manually in Koily. I don’t pool in Binance but I do in Landshare and needed to edit transation synced in Koinly to classify transaction type as “to_pool” or “from_pool”

I also have duplicates amounts where I had balances with wallets. Example I had 9million shib in Binance and 9 million in Ledger. For some reason the binance export was not showing the transfer to Ledger. So in my Koinly dashboard it was showing 18milliom SHIB total. When I expanded the asset to see the breakdown, I saw 50% in Ledger and 50% in Binance. That’s where I figured out that the CSV exports in Binance were not complete and had to download many more exports.

Also, be careful when exporting certain types of history, they limit you to 5 per month. I had made a mistake and exported the same 3 month range twice and made an error in range once and had to wait a month to export the missing report.

Hope this helps. It took me a few days to figure it out and I got 2 left to fix.

Hello!

Alex from Koinly here :slight_smile:

We know that the Binance sync is not always the most reliable, and unfortunately it’s because there’s just not enough data being sent for us to work with for every scenario.
But rest assured that we’re doing our best to make the sync as accurate and easy as possible!

So with time this integration should get better and better :slight_smile:

If anyone is having any specific issues with missing transactions and can’t seem to get it sorted then please send us an email at [email protected] so we can give more personal support!

Best regards,
Alex