Debit card events

Describe the problem:
Debit card purchases of cyrpto in cyrpto.com’s are not tracked by koinly. This has been an ongoing issue for well over a year… Is there an update on fixing this?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Cyrpto. Com
Bank to cryptocurrency coin

How did you import data into this wallet?
Csv

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Haven’t fixed it yet as there isn’t a correct format

Hey @I_Just_Want_Games_Pl

Thanks for your message. :blush:

If you’re using the Crypto.com app, you can download the additional files for the debit card transactions, as shown in our integration instructions below:

Just grab those files and import to Koinly. :+1:t2:

I have done what you said both cyrpto and fiat Csv’s are uploaded but koinly is still ignoring the direct card to cyrpto coin transactions. It’s classing it as a buy rather than a deposit/buy transaction

Upon reading other similar posts this has been a issue for over 2 years with developers saying they are aware of the issue and no that there is “No timeline for resolve.” which begs the question… How can koinly be the tax report system I can use with ease let alone a work around for the issue at hand. Pretty poor really

Hey @I_Just_Want_Games_Pl

Previous issues with fiat balances were fixed but it did start occurring again at the end of last year:

You can manually edit the transactions in the meantime to include the fiat. You would just change the Deposits into Trades and enter the fiat as the sent currency:

https://support.koinly.io/hc/en-us/articles/9914594792092-How-to-add-transactions-manually

The other options, as Simon mentioned in the other thread is to edit the CSV directly and import it again to Koinly:

Important note: As far as Koinly’s ability to calculate capital gains, incorrect fiat balances do not affect calculations on crypto transactions and fiat isn’t included in any of Koinly’s reports. As such, this is more of a visual issue. :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.