Dashboard balance (Ada) for Daedalus wallet does not match actual Daedalus (Ada) balance

I’ve sync’d my Daedalus wallet using the staking key as advised in the Koinly interface. However, recently I noticed that the Ada balance that is reported is no where near the actual balance (it’s off by 10’s of thousands of Ada)

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Daedalus

How did you import data into this wallet?
I imported the data using the Public Key address (as advised on the Koinly site)

What have you tried to fix this so far?
I’ve removed the wallet and re-created another wallet using the public Key/address syncing option

The integration was working previously.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Same issue here. It seems the balance being read is the Rewards balance.

I withdrew my rewards (using Eternl) and confirmed as the ADA balance shown now is less.

The Koinly team was working on a fix but I haven’t seen/ read an update on this issue.

2 Likes

Rob,

Found the below on another thread while searching for an answer. It’s a message from a Koinly member:

Just before we troubleshooting anything, it’s worth mentioning that the Reported Balance is just what the API is saying you have, whereas the Calculated Balance is what Koinly is using to calculate your gains.

This is the important one that needs to be correct so it isn’t always a problem if the Reported Balance is wrong, as long as the Calculated Balance is accurate.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Berk. I’m not entirely sure it’s actually showing my Rewards balance either - although I’m not entirely sure how I would check this tbh. Any tips? I have used PoolTool in the past - you can export rewards for specific date ranges etc. When I look at the total rewards, again it’s far more than what Koinly is displaying. However, I assume that some of the rewards have been spent?

1 Like

Several topics raised in the past month, there are known issues with the API showing different balances compared to reported.

Last I read, staff are aware and not sure when this will be fixed. There has been a lack of comms and a lot of confusion as people think it is isolated to one sort of wallet only (i.e. daedalys, yoroi, etnerl, etc) but it actually an issue across the board!

1 Like

just did a resync with my eternl wallet an balance is fine again