DASH access denied?

Wallet: Dash (DASH) (Dash (DASH))
Transactions: 0
Imported with: API

1. Check your public key or address
  2. No transactions found

Describe the problem:
When I import DASH with an xpub from my Ledger hardware, I get an access denied error. How can I import DASH?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
DASH ledger

How did you import data into this wallet?
Using an xpub

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Checked that the xpub is what Ledger Live reports, even tried a public address for receiving DASH (even though that should not work).

Hi, does the address start with xpub or does it start with drk? We dont support drk/drv yet. If its actually an xpub then please hop onto the live chat and we can look into this

It starts with “drk …”. That is what Ledger Live provides.

Something like,
{
“xpub”: “drk …”,
“index”: …
}

I copied the “drk …” part.

Same issue here. Ledger’s xpub for DASH starts with the “drk…”

We have added support for drk addresses

Sounds good that you added support for drk addresses, but I still have the same problem :slightly_frowning_face:.

Hi make sure you are using the drkp address

Alas, Ledger Live provides drkv, not drkp.

Just an update on this matter, it’s been passed onto the dev team to look at. We’re particularly busy right now but it’ll be investigated further. In the meantime, CSV imports are your best bet when importing Ledger Live DASH balances.

drkv is your private key.

I would suggest opening a ticket with ledger and asking them to provide the drkp. Using your private key is a major security risk.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DASH is a little weird, apparently both drkp and drkv can be public keys.

Fortunately, with the Ledger hardware the private key is never exposed, so there is no risk of mixing them up.

I exported my DASH history from Ledger Live, so my problem is solved now.

I suggest that Koinly looks into the oddities of DASH in order to provide full API support.