Coinbase Login/Sync is Down

Hey guys :wave:

We have identified an issue with Coinbase Logins and Syncs. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue and I will update this thread once it’s fixed. :+1:

3 Likes

Any updates? Any ETA?

Hey guys :wave:

The Coinbase login will be removed, and clicking this option will direct you to a password reset page. You will need to reset your password to log back in.

Anyone experiencing Coinbase wallet sync issues, should delete the wallet and recreate it using the Coinbase API wallet integration.

As always, please let me know if you have any problems or email us at [email protected]

It is still not working after re-connecting the Coinbase wallet…now it just says Access denied check your API keys even though I already authorized Koinly to have read permissions to my Coinbase account.

Please advise…

update: I completely deleted my Coinbase wallet and tried to re-add it: now it says Coinbase API is still down we are investigating…

Please advise

1 Like

Is this solution working for anyone???

@reyrey1332 I will get an update from our Devs on Monday and report back.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

i changed my Koinly password (removed coinbase login) and tried resyncing my CB wallet and still have these API connection issues: Access denied, check your API keys.

1 Like

@gnostic19 @reyrey1332

Can you please try to create a new wallet under the Coinbase API integration, as opposed to Coinbase and let me know if it works?

You will need to enter your API credentials in this wallet integration

1 Like

@gnostic19 you need to delete the wallet and create it entirely as new using Coinbase API - please let me know if this works so I can pass feedback to tech team. :+1:

1 Like

Ali, syncing to the Coinbase API worked! Is this new? I don’t ever recall seeing the Coinbase API before on the add wallet options. Is this the permanent solution?

@reyrey1332 It’s actually always been there! In this integration, you need to add the API credentials, wehreas the other one authorises it using your login instead.

This will be the solution for now, unless I hear anything different tomorrow!

Will update this thread accordingly :+1:

1 Like

I was able to sync with the Coinbase APi, HOWEVER, the calculated balances have been green circle-cycling for 30 minutes now without any gains/losses/balances showing on trades.

Also, with the regular Coinbase sync i made several manual adjustments due to some transactions not reporting correctly. So…obviously, i’d like to have my original Coinbase wallet sync work like it used to so i don’t have to go back in to the new CB API wallet and make those manual adjustments.

Another thing…on the new CB API wallet all my transfers of coins from Coinbase exchange to the respective crypto wallets are showing as SENDS and not TRANSFERS. Again, i’ll have to go and edit all these manually to transfers? Why is it not seeing where these coins were sent to…all of my crypto wallets have been synced so they should be included in these transfers from the exchange to the wallet. Do i need to delete the Coinbase original wallet? d rather not do that without being certain that the new CB API sync issues i’m seeing.
Will the Coinbase wallet sync issues be addressed or are they pushing everyone to the CB API now?

thank you

1 Like

@gnostic19 Yes, this workaround would require you to delete the original Coinbase wallet as the alternative will be syncing duplicates, and not match the transfers, as a counterpart already exists.

I will raise this with the team on Monday, so if you don’t feel comfortable deleting the wallet in which you have made manual adjustments, hold fire for now as there may be a solution pending to fix those wallets. :+1:

1 Like

hello, any headway made on fixing the original Coinbase wallet API sync issues? thank you

Hi @gnostic19,

Thank you for following up on this! I don’t yet have an update, though we’ll certainly post an update or confirm the fix here!

If anyone would like to receive an immediate notification once the dev team has completed their work, please connect with our support team and request that you be sent that notice for "Coinbase API: is temporarily down, we are investigating".

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

1 Like

@gnostic19 @reyrey1332 I have a further update in that the original Coinbase wallet now works as expected if you recreate it.

Wallets which were not deleted and remain on the previous version of the API may not be fixable and you must update unfortunately.

@gnostic19 I understand you mentioned some of your data was not imported correctly so you had to make manual adjustments. I would invite you to contact us via email so we can discuss this further, as usually the API is very good and records data accurately - it would be interesting to troubleshoot the type of data/transactions you are referring to!

I was able to get my original wallet to sync. I did 3 things in this order which seemed to fix it.

Step 1: updated my coinbase password

Step 2: updated api from old 2017 ver to new 2023 version - go to coinbase website (not mobile app) and click settings->api. There will be a button at the bottom of the page showing “Upgrade”. Click that and accept the warning. Refresh page and you should see up to date api version. See my screenshot below.

Step 3: goto wallet settings for coinbase on Koinly and reconnect your account. It should sync and update properly now - mine did after following these steps!

Hope this helps some others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.