Bitpanda staked balance shown as 0

Describe the problem:
I’m getting this yellow alert badge:
“Some of your calculated balances do not match the balances reported by the API. The differences are listed below.”

Koinly sees my Bitpanda ADA balance as 0 when it is not 0 in the Bitpanda app.

Does Koinly see the staked balance from Bitpanda as 0?

What do I need to do?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Bitpanda

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Reimported everything through API

In Koinly, when I check Bitpanda transactions, there is only one transaction, which is buy on 11 feb 2021. This is correct but how is the Reported Balance still 0?

Hi @akolio :wave:t2:

Thanks for your message. :blush:

Just before we troubleshooting anything, it’s worth mentioning that the Reported Balance is just what the API is saying you have, whereas the Calculated Balance is what Koinly is using to calculate your gains.

This is the important one that needs to be correct so it isn’t always a problem if the Reported Balance is wrong, as long as the Calculated Balance is accurate.

You mentioned there was one purchase on the 11th Feb, did you ever transfer/sell the tokens after that? In other words, is your Bitpanda wallet fully up-to-date with no gaps in your transaction history?

Okay, thanks! That means that I won’t have to worry about the reported balance when I’m doing my taxes (deadline this month).

There were no other ADA transactions at the time of the question. I’m suspecting that because the coins were staked on Bitpanda they might have reported the balance as 0.

UPDATE

I now sold everything on Bitpanda and have another problem. My ADA balance is now negative by the amount I gained from the staking.

Is there a way to import staking results from Bitpanda?

Hey Akolio.

Hope you had a good weekend. :+1:t2:

That’s right, the Reported Balances can be useful to help track down issues, but if the Calculated Balances are correct, it’s best just to ignore them.

I’ll DM you for your Koinly email regarding the ADA balance as I think it will be easier if I can see your wallets. :blush:

Just click your profile pic at the top right and you should see my message.