Bitfinex CSV import - should i upload the 'movements' or 'trades' file to Koinly?

I want to import Bitfinex CSV file in Koinly.

It says
" * If you don’t have access to your API keys you can also import transactions by uploading your CSV files."

What files do i need from bitfinex?
I guess:
‘Movements’ (i guess this is deposits and withdrawals)
‘Trades’
(And not ‘Orders’, cause orders are not when the transactions actually happened?)

When on Koinly i click ‘add wallet/exchange’ - ‘Bitfinex’ - ‘import from file’:
I can only choose one file at a time.
I guess have to do it 2 times? Then i have one bitfinex wallet with all movements, and another one with all trades?

(I currently have the Api, but the api had a little problem; i guess later on i will delete the api, so there is no double of everything right)

Thanks for tips

Only the ledger file needs to be uploaded, I think the api will not work if you have margin trade history on bitfinex. If you have not margin traded the api would be better I think… If you have done margin trades you will need to upload the ledger file csv from bitfinex.

I don’t know what a ‘ledger file’ is…
on Bitfinex i can download:
movement csv
trades csv
orders csv

When on Koinly i click ‘add wallet/exchange’ - ‘Bitfinex’ - ‘import from file’:
I can only choose one file at a time.
I guess have to do it 2 times? Then i have one bitfinex wallet with all movements, and another one with all trades?

Never margin traded anything.

There is a ledger file option as well as the others you mentioned in the reports section. (I also use Bitfinex and have to upload the ledger CVS as I have margin trades).

From memory its at the top of the list in the reports section of the website.

The ledger file contains a full ledger of all transactions and that’s what you need to import into koinly.

If you are not margin trading then the api option might be your better option and its easy to create new api keys to redo your api if required.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.