Binance Transaction History CSV Import (Grouping by day issue)

Describe the problem:
When importing the resulting CSV file from “Generate all statements” on Binance every single transaction is imported individually as opposed to it being grouped by day as with most imports. This creates several thousand records in Koinly as opposed to a few hundred.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Binance

How did you import data into this wallet?
CSV ( Generate all statements as per Preparing Your Binance Tax Forms | Koinly), this is the ONLY way to import margin trades to my knowledge otherwise I would just use API

What have you tried to fix this so far?

Removing the time from import file so only the date remains in the hope Koinly would then be able to group it, but sadly this does not work.

1 Like

Hi Chris

Have you managed to import your CSV transactions?? I’m trying to import my trades on futures to make my Binance and Koinly sync up correctly. They’re linked but Koinly isn’t same amount coin as Binance due to trades I’ve made on futures. I cant import file though because when I go to Binance and download all the documents it’s in a file type that isn’t readable. I can’t edit the file or open it to do anything. I can’t even import them one at a time because I can’t get any files. I am on mobile device not desktop or laptops.

No,

My problem was Koinly not supporting margin trades, so in the end I located every isolated margin trade I had made, copied the this into a spreadsheet and manually input a sum total realized_pnl it took me several hours over a number of days but it reconciles atleast now, not sure what else to do to be honest!

Hello chris,
I am having the same issues you describe. How did you manage to import data pertaining to isolated borrows and repayments? I try to add these manually but the system doesn’t automatically register it like it does on cross margin trades with the API. I can add the actual trades but the system is like where did this “x amount of USDT come from?”

Have you downloaded your transaction history from Binance as it says to on Koinly site? I downloaded mine because wanted my finance trades. The file type was .gz which when googled turns out to be a sort of zip file (compressed file basically so to make download easier I’m guessing?). After a morning faffing around I managed to get an app to unzip file and upload the trades using Excel sheet created from the unzip. Seemed to have put my trades in. Just having a problem locating some other funds but have them locked in mining pool at present and not sure if they show up while they are pooled?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.