Been using crypto cashbach cards for business expenses

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

Like many last year I jumped in with both feet into the crypto space! It is a thrilling ride and i’m sure i’ll never look at fiat the same way. I have a retail business which leverages quite high spend from our suppliers. Thinking savvy, i staked for the crypto icy white card for 5% cashback and also the sxp slate card for 8% cashback with the goal to put business transactions through. I’ve enjoyed some very nice passive income in the form crypto cashback which i have retained, not exchanged / sold back to fiat. Knowing that cashback is deemed a discount and not taxable by hmrc i’ve not been too concerned, i appreciate that if my cashback asset increased in value before selling it would be exposed to CGT of the difference. My issue however is when i am submitting these spreadsheets into koinly. I am getting all kinds of wild numbers coming up. I suspect this is all down to the business funds being on-ramped. Does anyone know my best option here? I want to get this correct and i suspect it is a unique issue. I have kept records of ALL my company onramp and where those funds have been spent with corresponding invoices.

TIA.
Pete

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.