API does not allow access to Convert trades

Describe the problem:
I converted USDT to BUSD, but this was not recognized by the api and it has affected my cost basis.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Binance.US and Kucoin

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Tried to manually add CVS file which contained the transactions converting usdt to busd

Hey randuthayne,

Can you please explain further how this has affected your cost basis? And with “not recognized by the API”, do you mean you believe these transactions should have been Swaps?

This was an assumption on my part. The root of the issue is that I have some bitcoin for which the cost basis is unknown. Looking back at my transactions, it appears that I bought the bitcoin with after having swapped my Tether for BUSD (during the tether FUD back in March). Otherwise I can’t explain why there is no cost basis for the bitcoin (which I sold). Every exchange and wallet I have ever used is linked via API to Koinly.

The error message on Binance mentioned that swaps can’t be tracked with API. I assumed that converting USDT to BUSD would be considered a swap, I I’m thinking this is the root of my missing cost basis.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.