Anyone got any Ideas on how to set the remainder of coins as "LOST" on the Celcius Wallet integration after the Celcius Debacle? TIA

Describe the problem:
Anyone got any Ideas on how to set the remainder of coins as “LOST” on the Celcius Wallet integration after the Celcius Debacle?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Celcius

How did you import data into this wallet?
Api

What have you tried to fix this so far?

I have a balance left with the Celicius app on coin’s that I want to "Zero out’.

It doesn’t make sense to create a ‘withdrawal transaction’ and set it as LOST as its not gone anywhere.

On coins that are ALL lost like LUNA it was easy everything was lost and the token dead and I was able to mark the transfer into Celcius as LOST, but also LUNA shows no Value, not sure what to with the current inaccessible coins in Celcius.

TIA

Well, if I were you I would consult an accountant on that. Depending on your country’s economic law, any frozen funds in Celcius could possibly not be considered as “lost” till the resolution of their bankruptcy case, since there is always the chance to either find new investors, partial/fully repay their customers some time in the future, or of course get nothing at all…

However, if you still want to mark them as lost, then the only way is to create a manual withdrawal transaction of type “Lost” with no actual TxHash. They are not going anywhere as you said but that’s not an issue after all, and no realized gains shall be calculated in your tax report, so you will be fine.

2 Likes

Yeh … Thanks yes I’m aware about that potential, when and if (etc)… For me for the time being I would rather file it under … ‘good as gone’ … as far as I am concerned.

For the moment I would just like to mark it as lost on koinly, or NOT count towards my portfolio as akin to getting liquadated as far as I’m concerned

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.