Abrupt jump in Koinly ETH balance from two days ago to today!

Describe the problem:

Basically, two days ago my Koinly reported ETH balance in my Dashboard was approximately 0.11 ETH.

Today, after refreshing wallets, it jumped up dramatically to 17 ETH! This, after many months of carefully and meticulously reviewing all my transactions. I checked on-chain, and I do not, in fact, have 17 ETH.

What’s going on? Was there a software update recently that messed with ETH wallets calculations?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

ETH

How did you import data into this wallet?

Automatically with some manual transactions. But everything was fine two days ago, and suddenly isn’t.

What have you tried to fix this so far?

I tried refreshing all wallet balances on ETH and all L2s with this wallet, but things still seem off.

This is a MUCH bigger problem than I initially thought!

ALL of my “cost” and “send” transactions in Koinly have, against my will and without doing anything to cause it, been flagged as “spam”!!!

I found this first in one of my Optimism accounts for this same ETH address, and sure enough, tried unchecking “hide deleted” and there are all the cost and send transactions.

What gives!? Is there a fix for this, devs?

Hey @Stephen_Walasavage

It’s probably best if we take a look at your account for this one. I’ve sent you a DM, you should be able to find it by clicking your profile pic at the top-right. :+1:t2:

Update: After working with Carl, we found that for some reason the Cost and Send transactions for all my ETH L1 and L2 wallets were marked as “Spam”, en masse. Since this includes gas fees, it resulted in the vast discrepancy I initially saw.

Carl helped revert the Cost/Send transactions from Spam back to not-Spam and unhidden, and the resulting Dashboard balances once again seem reasonable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.