1099-B and Koinly CSV

Received a 1099-B from bittrex, and it doesn’t have any cost basis on it, just proceeds.
I had already linked bittrex and coinbase to koinly. I’m getting ready to upload the koinly CSV to turbo tax and proceed with filing taxes –

1. Do I upload both 1099 and koinly CSV (shows duplicate proceeds with this method).
  2. Just upload koinly CSV and don’t do anything with the 1099B?

Also if I do proceed with the first choice, how do I find the cost basis of just Bittrex itself from Koinly?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m looking at this problem and it looks like the only thing you can do is redo the 8949 and Schedule D yourself by hand, separating out the Bittrex transactions from the others and placing them on different sheets with a different box checked for the Bittrex ones. I have over 500 transactions for 2021, so this is a nightmare. Tell me again why I paid $99 for this?

I have the same problem. I’ve input all my exchanges and wallets. Bittrex is the only one that sent me a 1099-B, and without any cost basis. I already uploaded my Bittrex information via an API and I would be ready to go except for this. I’m not sure what to do, especially since Koinly’s prepared Form 8949 checked the box that says none of these transactions were reported to me on a 1099-B. If I just go with the forms as completed by Koinly, the IRS is going to think I have $99K more in sales than I’m reporting. Help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.