Launchpool Allocation Mining Events (AMEs)

Describe the problem:
Has anyone figured out how to deal with Lauchpool Allocation Mining Events (AMEs), whereby ETH is paid for a new project allocation on ERC20 chain, but the tokens are then airdropped to the BSC chain of the same wallet in various batches (e.g. 15% at token listing, followed by monthly airdrops).
I am trying to work out how I can best allocate the cost basis I paid for the tokens (rather than the 0 value cost basis which is currently shown). I also assume I need to remove the ‘airdrop’ tag here and somehow pair up with the original ETH payments made to the AME pool, which is some cases could be weeks before I receive the tokens.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
MetaMask, Launchpool (LPOOL)

How did you import data into this wallet?
Using MetaMask address

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Transactions appear in Koinly without issue. I am trying to figure out the best way to pair up with ETH payments and enter the cost basis for the airdropped tokens so they do not appear as ‘airdrops’. In some cases the ETH payments were made months earlier.

I am asking myself the same question - Is there any answer?
In my country, Germany, AirDrops are free of tax, but when I am marking it as an Airdrop, Cost Basis is 0.00€ and Trades will make realized gains.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.