Paypal question

People are counting on your company to help them with their taxes. Until today no one I know has received an honest response. A honest response was received.
I turn to your discussion board over 2 weeks ago and no one responded to my inquiry about Paypal. That now seems cowardly.
DO THE RIGHT THING AND MAKE CLEAR ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT THERE IS NO SOLUTION FOR PAYPAL CRYPTO TRANSACTION DATA.

Looking back through your posts, you certainly seem quite angry about the situation.

The fact that nobody replied to your first post probably means there are not many PayPal users on here, and therefore I imagine it will not be a priority for Koinly to implement (if it is even technically possible to integrate with PayPal).

You say in your original post that “Paypal transaction data is of no help whatsoever” but you expect Koinly to be able to work a miracle?

If you wish, you are free to create a custom PayPal wallet on Koinly and manually enter your transactions, then it will calculate the taxes for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply I gave up trying to discuss this with anyone on Koinly. If you have spoken to anyone who traded Crypto on Paypal it will evident that Paypal has done less than the bare minimum to help it crypto users.
While I do not expect Koinly to work a miracle, I had hope that they would be open and candid as to what they know and do not know about Paypal crypto for tax reporting. I think its a matter of integrity someone would take the time to comment openly and honestly on this message board about Paypal.
Because I understand enough about accounting and spreadsheets that was able to come up with usable data. It took much more time and effort than anyone using Binance, Coinbase and Kraken (I use them to but I was drawn to the fee free offer of Paypal) will have to spend on Koinly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.