Incorrectly ignoring multiple token transfers

I’m having an issue with Metamask and Koinly where I am claiming rewards on multiple nodes. If the nodes have the same reward values, Koinly will only add the single value to the tranaction.

I.e. I’m claiming rewards on 2 STRONG nodes and each node rewards 1 STRONG. Koinly is only adding 1 strong to the transaction even though there are 2. This only seems to happen if the the rewards are the same value. If they differ somewhat, Koinly adds them.

It looks like there is an issue with Koinly where it believes there are duplicate tokens and automatically deletes them. Is there a way to fix this?

I’ve tried via both csv and automatically with the public key but no luck. I tried this on CoinTracker and it works properly but I’d rather not switch. A lot of my transactions are node based so this breaks a lot of my transactions.

1 Like

Looks like this was an issue for other members too with no resolution so I’ve requested a refund and going elsewhere.

Having the same issue here.
It seems that the import does a DISTINCT below importing, which removes any dups. here is an example:
actual 5 transactions :

imported transaction:

:frowning:

Koinly ended up refunding me on this by the way because they just said they couldn’t fix it so until they fix it, I don’t think I’ll be looking at Koinly. It’s a shame as it’s probably the best of the bunch.

Hello!

Alex from Koinly here :slight_smile:

Unfortunately these custom smart contract features can be a bit tricky to track automatically.
But rest assured that we will do our best to add as much support for as many different protocols as possible!
I know that STRONG is a popular one so hopefully it won’t take long before we have some more robust support for it. :slight_smile:

Sorry we couldn’t meet your expectations for this, but please check back in a while to see if we have the support you need!

Best regards,
Alex

Hey Alex,

I noticed the same issue today when I was reviewing my StrongBlock reward transactions in Koinly. I realize you say the custom smart contracts can be more difficult. But maybe it would be a good idea to have your developers talk with other protocols on how they do these sorts of transactions.

Debank is a great example of a protocol that handles this stuff VERY well.

The entire idea of Koinly is to be able to use and trust it knows how to read pricing data from the blockchain and decipher what’s going on so these things are critical to have and know will be accurate.

A collaboration with places like Zapper.fi, Debank, Zerion, etc. Could help expedite the learning process for the Koinly devs. If it weren’t for some of these inconsistencies, Koinly would be the best tax software for crypto hands down!

@Alexander_Koinly Agreed with the other users here. Koinly is great however I’m not sure how to handle the StrongBlock nodes. Debank has done a good job with them. Strong is quite popular and would add a lot of value for me as a Koinly user. Currently trying to figure out the proper way to handle the taxes for StrongBlock nodes is confusing and a pain.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.