How to manually fix coin errors

Describe the problem:
ISSUE 1)
I have used/traded/etc these wrapped coins: wBNB, bURUS, bRBC. When importing transactions from MetaMask (BNB) the coins show in the transactions as unwrapped (e.g. BNB, URUS, RBC) whereas on BSCscan they show as wrapped.

ISSUE 2)
The API hasn’t recognized a exchange from unwrapped to wrapped, is generating duplications of ‘gains’ - and thus doubles my taxable amount. I have amended the transaction manually to show the exchange from wrapped to unwrapped, but as the rest of transactions don’t show as using wrapped coins, I still have the false counting of double the gains.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
MetaMask ETH and MetaMask BNB

How did you import data into this wallet?
Using API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
For ISSUE 2, I have been able to manually edit the exchange to show the swap.

For ISSUE 1, I cannot edit the API imported exchanges, transfers etc. to make them show as wrapped coins (which they are) rather than non-wrapped.

How can I either get the API to recognize the wrapped coins, or manually edit the API imported exchanges, transfers etc?

I have raised a bug report here: Coins incorrectly tagged | Bug reports (public) | Koinly

@Thinkaboutit hey there :wave:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for going ahead and creating a Canny ticket!

I will chase this internally with the team and get back to you with more info in this thread. :+1:

Best,
Ali :rocket:

1 Like

Please ignore this request, after reading some other threads I believe it’s easier to find work arounds than you adding the contracts for these.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.