FTX Cost Basis and Gains wildly inaccurate

@randmj could you pls inform us as to what you ended up doing to fix this?

@koinly You need to get this sorted asap before the TAX year ends. Can you give us some idea of the progress?

1 Like

Hey Kevin, please can you let know what did you end up doing to work out your FTX CGT along with all of the others exchanges?

1 Like

Highly anticipated and appreciated. Please fix

1 Like

What on earth?

How FTX not be supported properly.

The site claims FTX support - https://koinly.io/integrations/ftx/

This is in “chargeback” territory for me if they’re not going to even give an ETA for a fix. Product just doesn’t do what it claims to.

1 Like

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. Due to FTX site changes, improvements, etc, there is no reliable link between Koinly and FTX for futures/margin trades yet. We are working on supporting this feature in the most reliable way possible in the near future to improve Koinly for our members.

Kind Regards,

Anakin

2 Likes

@koinly you could use FTX pnl.csv for futures/margin trades (the profit and loss data only takes into account realized gain/loss + funding + fees for margin trades).

Then ignore futures/margin trades in the trades.csv (i.e. only use trades.csv for spot).

I second all of the comments here. FTX is a huge exchange now and @koinly you really need to be able to correctly handle their perpetuals (and margin). From a personal perspective, I’d also like to request that Deribit futures and options are correctly handled, as at present I don’t believe they are handled properly.

4 Likes

what did you end up doing to work out your FTX CGT along with all of the others exchanges?

Well Mat, I’m under stress right now trying to work out my CGT haha. Can you let us know how you solved it?

1 Like

Go somewhere else unfortunately, I stopped using Koinly as they just can’t keep up and are not accurate.

Which platform do you recommend Mat? I’m wasting so much time with Koinly trying to fix all my FTX perp trades which are showing no cost base - way too much work. Cheers in advance.

1 Like

@MatPlatinum did you find another site/service that works? If so, please let me know! :bowing_man:

Which platform do you recommend Mat? I’m wasting so much time with Koinly trying to fix all my FTX perp trades which are showing no cost base - way too much work. Cheers in advance.

Some new information? ETA? @koinly

1 Like

@koinly

Really need an update here. FTX is one of the largest exchanges in the world and the API integration is completely broken for futures and margin trading (which is FTX’s bread and butter). The fact that you advertise support for FTX was a major part of my decision to purchase and, until you fix it, that claim was outright misleading. A fix is needed ASAP.

1 Like

I’d be curious as well. @MatPlatinum, what are u using these days? So far Koinly has been (as painful as it is) the one I put most work in. Others have their shortcomings as well.

1 Like

Looks like FTX has fixed this issue, my new futures trades are coming up correctly as P&L instead of before.

The only thing i would like to know now is can i clear my ftx wallet and re-sync it and will it pickup my past futures trade. (manually had to edit a lot of my futures trade in the past so don’t want to have to re-input them if it doesn’t work)

2 Likes

Hey, do you know if this is working for manually imported FTX sub accounts too? (As well as Main Account import via API?)

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the nos are way off for me too. It’s because of FTX… It looks like spot margin trades are missed bigly as it’s all missing purchase history.
Could you please fix it asap.