Eos in my Eth wallet

I bought some EOS, at the time they were ERC20 tokens, then came the main-net and they transferred to that automatically, I later withdrew from EOS main-net and sold them on an exchange, this shows up on that exchange.
In my ERC20 wallet it still shows the EOS but with no value, should I mark them as lost? Or are they burned? Please advise.
Also Minearium 32,000 should these just be deleted?

Find the initial EOS airdrop in your new EOS wallet and change it to a Transfer, set the Sent wallet to ETH (or whatever you named the ETH wallet). This way your costs transfer over to EOS.

Soft delete the Minereum airdrop.

I’m confused by this answer as it seems like that would mess up the cost basis for these, yes? The tokens on EOS Mainnet should have the same cost basis as the tokens on ETH as they are not transferrable. It was a chain swap.

So ERC20 placeholder EOS were converted to real EOS main net and the appearance of the latter in the EOS wallet is what you refer to as an airdrop, ok. I have now located the transactions in Koinly and applied the change as advised (changed the Sent wallet to the Eth wallet). This resolves the issue of having old ERC20 EOS tokens showing in Koinly (it gets rid of them from the dashboard).

The answer was incorrect, I have updated it to show how to handle this so your costs transfer over as well.

I have a similar problem with EOS in that Koinly includes my Ethereum balance. What is the advised resolution and is there an issue with cost basis as lukestokes suggests?

I’ve got the same issue.

Since my ETH wallet is sync with the API, it keeps displaying the EOS ERC-20 tokens in my balance (in the dashboard), despite all them tied to the mainnet.

How can I exclude these tokens from the ETH balance, dashboard, etc?

I don’t know how to tie up the original ETH transfer to the ICO, with trading on ERC20 EOS originally issued and later switch to main net EOS. I also don’t know how best to remove the worthless ERC20 EOS balance - for now I have created a manual withdrawal transaction and marked it as Lost. If not already done for this wallet, you also need to open the Wallet, Edit, then in the pop-up window click the Edit API settings link, then tick the Ignore reported balances.

There seems to be an underlying issue that Koinly can’t handle the existence of two different EOS tokens, so it values the ERC20 ones as if they are the genuine EOS main net tokens. This crops up elsewhere, such as where a token changed address and the wrong value again can be assigned to old worthless tokens with a defunct token address.

Hi Koinly and community.

I am also facing this issue. I have followed instructions changing the drop to deposit from the ETH wallet. The “Ignore reported balances” selection is activated (green tick) but I still have warning on the wallet, stating my manual Koinly transactions do not match the API.

Please help.

OK, I get it. Simply ensure that Koinly understands that the ERC-20 EOS tokens were transferred from an Ethereum account to an EOS (main-net) account.

I did that and it works, the old tokens are gone from the dashboard. No need for Koinly to do anything special so far since the work-around is easy enough.

The problem is that the ERC-20 tokens were bought with ETH (not necessarily the same account that the tokens were put on).

It seems that everything is not in order until Koinly registers that the ERC-20 tokens were bought with ETH.

It could be that Koinly should recognize that ETH were sent to the EOS contract, then the tokens were received from that contract?

In fact, if I in Koinly could search for Ethereum contract interaction, then I might be able to do it myself?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for responding. I have done as you said, but I still the ETH tokens in my balance on the dashboard. It still shows the reported balance instead of the calculated balance. Can anything be done about this? Is there some process to approve a manual adjustment or something so that it will show the correct balance? Thank you.

Hi, try syncing the wallet again, it should reflect your changes.

Hey Luke, did you get an answer to this? I still have an old ERC-20 token showing in my portfolio balance that is now defunct and swapped to their mainnet. I’ve synced my ETH address via the API and doesn’t seem like there is anyway to remove the tokens from the portfolio dashboard.