BSC balances are wrong with tokens with tax on transactions

Many of the tokens in the Binance Smart Chain (such as Safemoon and many others) have a tax associated to it. This is not correctly supported by Koinly at the moment, which is therefore showing incorrect residual balances on those tokens.

For example if the tax of the token is 3%, when you sell 10000 tokens, you will actually only get to sell 9700, and 300 are spent in the token’s tax. It’s 9700 what you see in the Bscscan transaction; there is no reference in Bscscan for the other 300. But your wallet’s balance will have decreased by 10000. This causes Koinly to think there is a remaining balance of 300 tokens.

This happens on the BSC. I am using Trust Wallet. I imported the data using the BSC wallet address. The only workaround I can think of is to manually adjust each transaction for tokens that have a tax, to increase the number of tokens bought/sold by 3%, 10%, etc., as per the token’s contract.

I just found out this was raised already months ago by some users ( SafeMoon/BSC tokens incorrect balances , New reflection tokens with 10% fee to transfer,buy, or sell. Like Safemoon et. al , etc. ), but as of now there is no fix to it, and no response from the team.

This makes Koinly nearly useless for heavy BSC users.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.