BNB Vault are considered deposits and not rewards

Hello,
rewards received from the BNB vault program are categorized in deposit category and not rewards.

I use the API connection to import data.

I have this issue too with multiple sh**coins arriving daily in tiny amounts! I notice you can set the default transaction type in the API settings, so perhaps you could set the default to be Rewards and see if that works? Not sure what impact that would have on other genuine trading on binance. Other options might be to manually tag them once a month or so, using the multi-select feature in koinly. Or soft delete them and replace with a manual consolidating reward per token per month, though painful. It is this sort of issue that makes the tax tail wag the crypto dog… i.e. get out of the vault!

Yes, I too have the same problem with small quantities.
The BNB vault adds a lot of transactions, so I switch from “holder” to “trader” tax plan.
I haven’t found where to set up the API, I’ll wait for the Koinly update or see if I can find a better software.

Looking again, I may have been mistaken. You can set a default when importing from file, but I can’t see any setting for when using the API.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.